The huge amount of information generated collectively by next generation sequencers imposes new challenges on computational analysis. The petabyte scale of this ‘big data’ generation requires introducing parallelised computing and other high performance computing strategies to effectively analyse the wealth of generated information. At this point, bioinformatics groups are taking initiative to work on parallelising existing and new software tools and libraries.
To prevent duplication of effort, and sub-optimal solutions, a concerted cross-project inter-disciplinary approach is required from the domains of bioinformatics and high performance computing.
This COST Action will coordinate research in genomics, metabolomics and proteomics ‘big data’ analysis, ensuring that available information and techniques are exploited in an efficient manner, with direct application in the life sciences, medicine and human health.
- HPC infrasctructure available in the consortium
- The consortium and Working Groups preferences
- Grant chart for the proposal
- Working Groups scheme
- General profile of scientific groups
- Full list of references relevant to the Action
- Participation in projects relevant to the Action (nationally and EU funded)
- Full list of personnel by partner appointed for the proposal
- Summary of participation in projects with economical summary per group
- Operational budget estimation
- URL-used in the proposal
- Web portal prototype