Intelligent client for integrating bioinformatics services.
In addition to existing bioinformatics software, a lot of new tools are being developed world wide to supply services for an ever growing, widely dispersed and heterogeneous collection of biological data. The integration of these resources under a common platform is a challenging task. To this end, several groups are developing integration technologies, in which services are usually registered in some sort of catalogue to allow novel discovering and accessing mechanisms to be implemented. However, each service demands specific interfaces to accommodate their parameters and it is a complicated task linking the different service inputs and outputs to solve a biological problem.
MOWServ is a versatile web client to access BioMOBY compatible services (a system by which a client can interact with multiple sources of biological data regardless of the underlying format or schema) using the service description stored in the BioMOBY catalogue. The automatic interface generator significantly reduces developing time and produces uniform service access mechanisms. The design and proof of concept (for such a client) including the generic interface generator have been developed and implemented in the National Institute for Bioinformatics in Spain.
Support to Genomic’s project
From the GNV-5 node of the INB (National Institute for Bioinformatics in Spain), using MOWServ and other tools we provide support to different projects such as:
- ESPSOL: Identification of genes and molecules associated to tomato fruit quality and participation in the sequencing of euchromatic regions of Chr9. A genomic approach._
- OLEAGEN: Generation of genomic tools in olive and applications to the analysis of fruit and oil quality and agronomical traits
- RETICS RIRAAF. Red de investigación de Reacciones Adversas a Alergenos y Fármacos
- Patrón de expresión génica y perfil proteico de la infección por circovirus porcino
- ACGT: Advancing Clinico genomic trials on cancer
- FRESCOR: Identificación de ‘dianas genéticas’ en la interacción fresa-Colletotrichum acutatum útiles en Programas de Mejora genética
- National Germplasm Asparagus bank (CSIC-La Mayora)
- Fragenomics: Genetical Genomics for strawberry fruit quality and plant tolerance to fungal pathogens