pUMA: Handling the genomics projects complexity
pUMA is a generic, platform-independent, customisable and scalable projects management system, specialize in genomics projects, able to quickly deploy a corporative portal to:
- Support project dissemination and coordination activities.
- Delivering data through user friendly interfaces.
- Provide secure storage, control information sharing and management of different data sources.
- Facilitate the integrated analysis of data.
- provide universal access by using standard web-browsers. pUMA software is being successfully used as an essential tool for the progress of several national projects: Tomato, Strawberries, Olive, Asparagus, Porcine, Allergies, etc.
This work is partially financed by the National Institute for Bioinformatics (www.inab.org) a platform of “Genoma España”; also partially supported by grant ESP-SOL (Genoma-España) and the EC project “Advancing Clinico-Genomic Trials on Cancer” (EU-Contract No.026996).